Friends who travel are not the same as friends who stay at home. From outward appearance and inner soul to mentality and lifestyle, here are 15 differences between a normal friend and a friend who travels.
- A normal friend will complain about their 9-5 grind all week and then celebrate life every Friday at happy hour.A friend who travels will be excited about whatever side gig they picked up to pay for their next adventure and will celebrate Monday because it’s another chance to earn cash for their journey.
- A normal friend thinks you’re weird for suggesting that new Ethiopian restaurant for dinner.A friend who travels ate there last week and can’t wait for you to taste the samosas.
- A normal friend will gossip about their co-workers when you go out for coffee.A friend who travels will talk about how interesting and nice the stranger was who they met on the train earlier that day.
- A normal friend will start a story off with, “this one time when I was at the bar…..”A friend who travels will start a story off with, “this one time when I was riding a camel in Israel…….”
- A normal friend will post a Snap Chat video of them on the exercise bike at the gym.A friend who travels will post a Snap Chat video of them hiking the Tongariro Crossing in New Zealand.
- A normal friend learns about wine from drinking it.A friend who travels learns about wine from WWOOFING (working on organic farms) on a vineyard in France.
- A normal friend spends their college graduation gift on a new car.A friend who travels spends their college graduation gift on a road trip around the country in their old, beat-up Honda.
- A normal friend hangs out with all of their high school and college buddies on the weekends.A friend who travels Skypes with their friends on the weekend because they are scattered all over the globe.
- A normal friend started a steady job in their hometown right after college.A friend who travels, moved to China to teach English after college.
- A normal friend thinks that getting lost is a tragedy.A friend who travels thinks that getting lost is an adventure.
- A normal friend goes to Starbucks every day to get their coffee.A friend who travels goes out of their way to find a new café every day.
- A normal friend thinks that having high quality possessions means that they are successful.A friend who travels thinks that having high quality memories and experiences means that they are successful.
- A normal friend likes to have a routine when it comes to most things in their life.A friend who travels likes things to change frequently when it comes to most things in their life.
- A normal friend feels powerful when they accumulate new things.A friend who travels feels weighed down when they have too much.
- A normal friend takes great pride in their neighborhood.A friend who travels takes great pride in their world.
What did you think of this story?