Bioluminescence can be found all over the world, from the southernmost tip of Australia to the shores of New Jersey. While most people associate these naturally occurring light phenomena with beaches in the South Pacific, there are also glow worm caves in New Zealand and even glowing termite mounds in Brazil. Below is a collection of the best of the best (on Instagram) forms of bioluminescence out there. Note: most of these spots are tourist friendly.
1. The glimmering worm caves of Waitomo, New Zealand
2. The glowing squid of Toyama, Japan
3. The plankton Sea of Stars at Vaadhoo, Maldives
4. The foxfire fungi of Wisconsin, US
5. The dazzling dinoflagellates of Trelawny, Jamaica
6. The bright termites of Emas National Park, Brazil
Voir cette publication sur Instagram