This ice skating trail in Northern Ontario, Canada is like a picture-perfect romantic holiday movie set. Arrowhead National Park, located in Huntsville, has a skating trail that puts regular ice skating rinks to shame. Spanning nearly one mile, the winding trail allows guests to skate through the wilderness of the Muskoka Forest.
Unsurprisingly, the trail gets pretty busy throughout the season, but it’s likely to get even busier with the addition of Fire & Ice nights, when the trail will be lined with lit tiki torches.
The Fire & Ice nights begin Monday, December 31st, and run all the way through Saturday, March 9th. The torches are lit from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM. If you want a slightly less hectic skate, it’s recommended that you visit the park on a Thursday, which tends to be less crowded. Park admission is $17 per vehicle Monday through Friday, and $20 on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. If you don’t have your own skates, you can rent them at the park for $10 a pair.
Here is the full list of dates for Arrowhead’s Fire & Ice nights:
- Monday, December 31st, 2018
- Thursday, January 3rd, 2019
- Saturday, January 12th, 2019
- Saturday, January 19th, 2019
- Thursday, January 24th, 2019
- Saturday, February 2nd, 2019
- Saturday, February 9th, 2019
- Thursday, February 14th, 2019
- Saturday, February 23rd, 2019
- Saturday, March 2nd, 2019
- Saturday, March 9th, 2019
Top Airbnb picks