1. You can’t even escape Elvis during the holidays because, you know, ‘Blue Christmas.’
2. You own a Santa suit or sexy elf ensemble for the sole purpose of stumbling down Beale Street on a holiday bar crawl.
Looks like Santa’s helper is carrying his weight!! 🙊 … #ig_captures_city #travelawesome #rsa_streetview #ic_thecity #memphis #901 #bestcitymoments #exploreeverything #citykillerZ #tlpicks #UrbanRomantix #nightimages #santacon #night_shooterz #nightphotography #shoot2kill #instamagazine_ #AltCreed #weownthenight_tn #USAprimeshot #agameofthrones #igersrecommendation #resourcemag #nikonnofilter #nikond7100 #nikkor24_120mm #cbviews #igworldclub #bealestreet #WHPreflective
A photo posted by Adarryll Jackson (@adarrylljacksonsr) on
3. You’ve heard all the FedEx holiday shipping statistics and know at least one person who spent their holidays tossing boxes at the hub.
4. You’ve always dreamed of a white Christmas because you’ve never actually seen one.
5. And on the off chance you’ve actually gotten to build a snowman, he was definitely wearing either a Grizzlies jersey or some form of camouflage hunting gear.
6. You can’t remember a Christmas that didn’t include a trip to Zoo Lights.
Bad news: had to work late, Good news: took the time to enjoy the evening 🎅🏼🎁#memphiszoolights
A photo posted by tews29 (@tews29) on
7. Instead of the infamous Christmas storm that landed Rudolph his job leading Santa’s sleigh, your relatives rehash tales of Ice Storm ’94.
8. The closest you’ve gotten to riding in a one-horse sleigh was that time your cousin had the misguided notion that it’d be fun to take a carriage ride downtown.
9. A Memphis State University ornament will always hang somewhere on your Christmas tree.
10. When all else fails, you know bottles of Blue City Café’s BBQ sauce make excellent stocking stuffers.
A photo posted by BluesCityCafe (@bluescitycafe) on
11. The best holiday light displays were the ones you saw from the backseat of your parents car as they drove through Shelby Farms.
#choose901 #home #shelbyfarms
A photo posted by @holamaria007 on
12. Corky’s has catered every single Memphis holiday party you’ve attended.
Tag somebody who needs some #CorkysBBQ in their life! Save 15% off your online order when you enter #promocode OCT at checkout. Offer good thru 10/31
A photo posted by Corkys Memphis (@corkysmemphis) on
13. You know the real Christmas star is the sputnik outside Joe’s Liquors.
A photo posted by Ashley Westmoreland (@lisafreemontstreet) on
14. You always spent the night at Newby’s after escaping Christmas dinner with your family.
A photo posted by @codyacoyotee on
15. Your idea of a winter wonderland was the ice skating rink at the Mall of Memphis.
A photo posted by stephen | proctor (@sproctor) on
16. You remember when the Pink Palace’s Enchanted Forest was at the Agricenter.
17. You can now officially start counting down to Memphis in May.
A photo posted by Memphis In May (@memphisinmay) on
Best Travel Credit Cards
Top offers from our partners
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
80,000 bonus points
The Platinum Card®
75,000 bonus points
American Express® Gold Card
60,000 bonus points