Wear a Reds hat without actually knowing who the Reds are.
I’ve had this conversation countless times:
- Me: “Hey, nice hat! Go Reds!”
- You: “Huh?”
- Me: “Your hat. It’s a Reds hat.”
- You: “Oh. I didn’t know that.”
- Me: “Then why are you wearing it?”
- You: “I like the color red. Also, my name starts with C.”
Turns out, they’re actually probably members of the infamous Bloods street gang. The Bloods’ colors are red, and the “C” is a bit of a poke at their rival gang the Crips. So I’ve stopped talking to strangers wearing Reds hats, which makes life outside the Queen City just a little more lonely.