1. There will constantly be sand on everything from your many jaunts to the beach.
2. You’ll have “Everything is Awesome” stuck in your head for weeks after visiting Legoland.
3. Your kids may get ideas about locking you in a jail cell in Alcatraz.
4. You’ll feel old when you visit the Hollywood Walk of Fame and your kids ask who the Backstreet Boys are.
5. Your kids will ask you to drive over the Golden Gate Bridge again…and again…and again…
6. Disneyland is going to fuel their obsession with Frozen even more.
A photo posted by Sarah (@sarahmac1979) on
7. You may have to explain where the birds and the bees come from if you stumble upon elephant seals
8. They’ll have to get off their iPads to stare at natural wonders in Yosemite.
9. You don’t want to risk introducing them to fish tacos and having them actually like them – then you’ll have to make that for dinner instead of easy macaroni and cheese.
10. Your kids may decide to switch from wanting to be a doctor or lawyer when they grow up to being a surfer.
What did you think of this story?
Best Travel Credit Cards
Top offers from our partners
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
80,000 bonus points
The Platinum Card®
75,000 bonus points
American Express® Gold Card
60,000 bonus points