Author’s note: I was invited on a press trip for a long weekend in San Francisco through Adventures by Disney. I never thought of myself as a Disney person, but their trip involved not one commercialized princess and just happened to be super geared toward all fun family activities. I can recommend Adventures by Disney highly — and my opinions are all my own.
1. Realize that being silently in awe at something can be more rewarding than posting it online. Redwoods are the kind of trees that will make your kids actually appreciate trees.
A photo posted by Burton Photographer (@deanblottogray) on
2. Be fascinated and creeped out at the same time by the freaky cool things you can buy at Fisherman’s Wharf.
A photo posted by Fisherman’s Wharf SF (@fishermanswharf) on
3. See that not all insanely talented artists end up at museums.
We haven’t been to a museum for a while but it is such a blessing to be in a city that has art everywhere. #advicetomychild stay happy and silly #nowrongwaysf #nothingisordinary_ #momswithcameras #kidsloveart #livefolk #SanFrancitizens #sanfrancisco #sanfransisco #sunnypicchallenge #jj #jj_forum #snap_ish #soulfocusinspired #soulfocus #playcouture #SFGuide #jj_graffiti #thesocialsociety #societygal #instaprompt_curious #yourdailysnap #bellagracemagazine #freewanderess #mylovehasnolabels #SFKids
A photo posted by FunmommySF (@funmommysf) on
4. Race up the famously exhausting San Francisco streets to get a new appreciation of trolley cars. Loser buys hot chocolate.
A photo posted by Samantha Manklang (@smankeyy) on
5. Feel all dramatic hanging off the side of a real trolley car.
A photo posted by Mark Mulder (@mmulder20) on
6. Show some love to Master Yoda at the Lucasfilm Campus.
A photo posted by Angelica Prado (@angieruns) on
7. Head to Silverado Vineyard to get an early appreciation for how wine grapes grow. Parents, indulge a bit while your kids are busy blending custom olive oil.
A photo posted by Silverado Vineyards (@silveradosolo) on
8. Take a ferry. Somewhere. Anywhere. Because there will be no bad view of the city.
#crazyhair #crazyhairdontcare #onaboat #sf #ferry #citylife #schooldays #sfkids
A photo posted by Lisa Davis (@thelisadavis) on
9. Go find your new favorite beach. If you’re lucky you might just have it all to yourself.
A photo posted by ᴮᴸᴼˢˢᴼᴹᴷᴵᴺᴰ (@blossomkind) on
10. See if you can tandem bike with your partner without arguing once. Good luck.
A photo posted by Amanda (@amandadoesbbg) on
11. Day trip to picnic on Angel Island.
I almost feel dirty posting a photo of GSW home turf. #rednationrally #sf #sfbay #baybridge #bluehour #angelisland #ocean #westcoast_exposures #longexposure #longexposureoftheday #amazing_longexpo #viewbugfeature #resourcemag #redditphotography #sonyimages #sonyalpha #a7ii
A photo posted by Larry Zhao (@larrylzhao) on
12. Make a point to go over the bridge. And then go under the bridge.
A photo posted by City Kayak SF (@citykayak) on
Best Travel Credit Cards
Top offers from our partners
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
100,000 bonus points
The Platinum Card®
100,000 bonus points
American Express® Gold Card
60,000 bonus points