1. In 1949, spray paint was invented in Chicago.
2. The Chicago River is the only river in the world that flows backward.
In 1887, the flow of the Chicago River through civil engineering by taking water from Lake Michigan and discharging it into the Mississippi River watershed was reversed.
3. More than 50 million people visited Chicago in 2014.
With a skyline like this who can blame them.
4. Hugh Hefner started Playboy Magazine in Chicago in 1953.
The first Playboy Mansion was also in Chicago.
5. In 1893, the Ferris wheel was invented in Chicago in 1893 for the World’s Columbian Exposition.
Today, Navy Pier features a beautiful Ferris wheel of it’s own.