With over 10 years’ experience as a travel show host, Travel Channel’s Samantha Brown has packing down to an exact science.
For Valentine’s Day, Brown has generously opened up her suitcase to share her recommendations for traveling lovebirds.
1. Ugg Boots: Put these on and instantly relax. A long lazy morning could easily stretch into the afternoon.
2. A scented candle to create the mood.
4. Edible clothing: Hey it’s one way to lighten your luggage for your return trip.
5. Room wine: Bring glassware and a wine opener.
6. A small picnic basket or backpack: Order take-out and bring it back to your room. After dinner activities are at your discretion.
7. Favorite movies that you and your honey love snuggling up to.
8. Antacid: There’s an ugly side to romance and that includes heartburn, indigestion, or unexpected lactose intolerance brought upon by rich foods, dessert, and wine. You definitely need to have a back-up plan.
And Brown mentions one must-not: “Your addiction to technology.”
“Turn off your Blackberry and make a commitment to one another that you’ll both check your email or messages only at an agreed upon time. The rest of the trip should be focused on each other.”
Samantha’s All-Time Favorite Must-Have: Earl Grey Creme Flavored Black Tea
“[On my travels] I always bring this tea and my own porcelain tea cup,” Brown told Matador. “No matter where I go, I have to start my day with a hot cup of tea.”
Looking for where to take your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day? Check out Samantha’s Top 5 Valentine’s Day Getaways in the US.
For more information on Samantha Brown, including her taping schedule, you can visit her page on the Travel Channel website.
Best Travel Credit Cards
Top offers from our partners
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
100,000 bonus points
The Platinum Card®
75,000 bonus points
American Express® Gold Card
60,000 bonus points