1. Ogooglebar | Ungoogleable
Something or someone who brings up not result when searched in Google.
- A: “My blind date is completely
- . I’m reassured.”
- B: “Flashers rarely make the news, you know.”
2. Fulparkerare | Ugly parker
Someone who parks their car so poorly that no one else can park.
Example: “The white lines are not here to make the streets pretty, you fulparkerare!”
3. Planka | To go through a turnstiles by standing as flat as a plank behind someone else.
Example: “I was not rubbing against him! I was just trying to save a few bucks by doing the planka trick!”
4. Åsiktstaliban | Opinion Taliban
Someone or a group of people who tolerate only one opinion on an issue (usually theirs).
Example: “Don’t bother reading the comments section on any given article online, they’re always full of Åsiktstaliban.”
5. livslogga | Life log
To incessantly document one’s life with pictures.
Example: “I know my Instagram is full of pictures of me doing yoga and eating legumes, but I’m addicted to livslogga.”
6. Vobba | Working from home, even though you’ve taken a (paid) day off because your kid is sick.
Example: “Never will I vabba again. My kid’s well-being is not worth me cleaning vomit off my laptop”
7. Mobildagis | Mobile phone daycare
A place where mobile phones are stored.
Example: “I can’t meet up for coffee today, I’m swamped; I need to pick up the kids at school and the cell phones from the mobildagis.”
8. Flipperförälder | Pinball parent
A parent who is the complete opposite of a helicopter parent — who lets their kids have freedom.
Example: “When little Sequoïa starts playing with matches, Suzanne and Andrew are excited for him to learn the danger of fire all by himself. They are such great flipperförälders.”
9. Appa | To app
To fix a problem by using a cell phone app.
Example: “You can’t appa Sequoïa’s third-degree burn on his hand. You need to take him to the ER.”
10. Köttrymd | The non-digital world
Where the laptops, tablets, and phones have no place.
Example: “I dropped my phone at the mobildagis, I can now fully enjoy Köttrymd and head to Ikea to relax a little.”
H/T: The Atlantic.
Best Travel Credit Cards
Top offers from our partners
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
80,000 bonus points
The Platinum Card®
75,000 bonus points
American Express® Gold Card
60,000 bonus points