I‘m a relative newcomer to podcasts, but after receiving a link from Matador member Steven Jay Weinberg (who has some pretty great podcasts himself, produced in collaboration with Kenny Smith), I decided to peruse the podcasts on podomatic.com. With no further delay, I present to you the five best travel-related podcasts on podomatic:
5. Sex travel now and in 2030: A heady (no pun intended), intellectual analysis of the increasingly popular practice of sex tourism.
4. Travolution’s Podcasts: At present, Travolution has four podcasts available; be sure to check out #1 (why bloggers are important for the travel industry) and #4 (which continues the debate about green travel).
3. Caribbean Island (Reggaeton): The Matador Team’s been publishing plenty of Caribbean content lately–including guides to Bequia and Jost Van Dyke –so check out this Caribbean soundtrack if you’re headed to the islands. Features the best and recent reggaeton music.
2. Poems on the London Underground: Headed to London this summer? Never been to London before? Never been on a Metro/subway/Underground? Check out this podcast.
1. World Passport: When you’re tired of talking, click on over to World Passport, which has an amazing collection of world music, focusing heavily on Afropop, Afrijazz, and Calypso. In addition to the great music, Kalil Wilson’s podcast has a beautifully designed site, along with playlists, artists’ pictures, and an option to subscribe to updates.
For some homegrown Matador podcast talent, be sure to check out podcast guru, Craig Martin.