In celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, Airbnb is partnering with Eva Longoria to host a range of online experiences. From September 15 to October 15, Airbnb is highlighting Hispanic and Latinx traditions that include a class on pre-Hispanic cultures and traditions, a Mezcal experience, a Capoeira dance and martial arts class, and a cigar-smoking workshop. It all culminates in a cooking class hosted by Eva Longoria.
Experiences range from $6 to $100 each, and Eva Longoria’s TexMex cooking class will take place on September 29 at 1:00 PM PDT. All the proceeds from her experience will go toward the Eva Longoria Foundation to enhance educational and entrepreneurial opportunities for Latinas and their families.
“There’s no better time to come together and celebrate the vibrant traditions, diversity, and richness of our heritage,” said Longoria. “There’s a deep-rooted connection between our culture and food, and I’m delighted to invite you into my kitchen and share some of my most cherished memories as we cook one of my favorite TexMex dishes that remind me of home.”
These are some of the National Hispanic Heritage Month experiences you should keep your eye on.
- Traditions of Mexico’s Day of the Dead: Learn all about pre-Hispanic cultures, and learn to make sugar skulls and “papel picado.”
- Cigar Tasting from Miami’s Little Havana: Learn about the mysteries and etiquette surrounding cigar smoking, and how to pair it with rum and coffee.
- World’s Top Coffee Masterclass: Led by a Mexican national Coffee Judge, you’ll learn how to make a truly great cup of coffee.
- Puerto Rican Salsa Dance Party: Learn to dance the Salsa de Calle from local Puerto Rican experts.
- All About Mezcal with an Oaxaca Sommelier: Take a deep dive into this classic Mexican drink. The class is led by a knowledgeable sommelier.
- Cook the Best Ceviche with Chef Melissa: Learn all about the classic Peruvian dish of ceviche and how to prepare it like a professional chef.
- Gin & Gender: Learn about the background of gin, how alcohol is historically tied to gender, and how we can work together to change stereotypes. And, of course, make some cocktails yourself.
- Conditioning with Capoeira: Put on your sneakers and practice a blend of dance and martial arts called jogo de capoeira. This is a moderate to intense workout.